Wrangler track ends regular season on road
Robert Galbreath phjotos
LANDER – Pinedale athletes participated in the final track meet of the regular season before Regionals at the Shane Brock Invitational in Lander on Saturday, May 8.
The girls’ varsity squad placed fifth out of 10 teams with 61.50 points while the boys snagged fifth out of 11 teams with 76 points.
“We had a windy, cold spring day in Lander and those conditions were difficult to have athletes perform at personal-record times and throws,” said head coach Eric Oram. “(Freshman) Katyana Dexter had a great discus mark. Our athletes did great overall and ran, jumped and threw like the coaches expected. We are looking forward to Regionals and hopefully getting a lot more athletes qualified for the state track meet.”
Dexter’s throw in discus, measured at 110 feet, 9 inches, put the freshman in first place. She finished with a toss over 6 feet farther than the runner-up from Riverton. In girls’ shot put, Dexter placed sixth at 31-06 1/2.
Senior Teagan Bowers picked up a first-place ribbon in boys’ long jump, clearing 21-06, 5 inches ahead of the competition. Bowers took second place in the triple jump, marked at 41-03 1/2.
In sprinting events, Bowers led the Pinedale pack with a fourth-place finish in the 200-meter dash at 23.69 seconds and took fifth in the 100-meter dash at 11.92 seconds.
Both the girls’ and boys’ 1600-meter sprint medley relay teams snapped up first place. Senior McKinley Boutler, senior Grace Davis, sophomore Mandy Majhanovich and senior Riley Dauwen clocked in at 4 minutes, 43.39 seconds, edging ahead of Kemmerer by four-tenths of a second.
Junior James Kervitsky, sophomore Noah Sletten, junior Jacob Bain and senior Gatlin Egle made the winning run for the boys’ team at 3:57.50, 20 seconds ahead of the runner-up.
Jumpers put in a good day’s work at Lander. McKinley Boulter took third place in the girls’ long jump, leaping 16-01 3/4. Clearing 4-04, Boulter placed sixth in the high jump at 4-04.
In girls’ triple jump, sophomore Mikayla Drake came in third place, marking her jump at 31-00. Junior Maggie Harber picked up fourth place in the event at 30-04 3/4.
With a jump of 7-06, sophomore Rhonda Auradou placed third in girls’ pole vault. Auradou and freshmen Lauren Kervitsky and Trista Covill tied for seventh place in the girls’ high jump at 4-02.
Senior Alex Bitters came in sixth place in the boys’ high jump, clearing 5-02.
Auradou scored additional team points with a sixth-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles, timing in at 18.33 seconds.
Senior Riley Dauwen took eighth in the girls’ 300-meter hurdles at 55.36 seconds.
Throwers put in a strong showing on Saturday. Senior Carson Gregory finished in third place in the discus, measuring 140-05. Fellow senior Dodge Westercamp took sixth place in boys’ shot put at 43-09.
Sprinters and distance runners put points in the scorebook for Pinedale. Covill took third place in the girls’ 200-meter dash at 28.05 seconds.
Dauwen snagged a fourth-place ribbon in the girls’ 400-meter dash at 1:04.03. Junior Mason Orm broke into the top eight with a sixth-place finish in the boys’ 800-meter run at 2:34.63.
Majhanovich placed eighth in the girls’ 400-meter dash, finishing in 1:06.31.
Additional relay results
McKinley Boulter, Covill, Harber and Auradou placed third in the girls’ 4x100-meter relay at 54.07 seconds. The girls’ 4x400-meter relay team – Majhanovich, Lauren Jones, Davis and Dauwen – took third place as well, timing in at 4:34.67.
In the boys’ 4x100-meter relay, Bain, Konner Ziegler, Kervitsky and Dillon Boespflug siezed fourth place at 47.09 seconds. Egle, Boespflug, Sletten and Bain placed fourth in the boys’ 4x400-meter relay at 3:48.07.
- Girls’ 100-meter dash: Isabella Romasko in ninth at 14.12 seconds, Davis in 15th at 14.50, Majhanovich in 17th at 14.58, Lauren Kervitsky in 19th at 14.80, Ashley Boulter in 21st at 14.84, Resendiz in 29th at 15.36, Brook Maxam in 32nd at 15.90 and Cambry Boyer in 39th at 16.96.
- Girls’ 200-meter dash: Drake in 13th at 30.21 seconds, Kervitsky in 18th at 31.21, Maxam in 27th at 32.88, Boyer in 31st at 35.39 and Morgan Grossman in 34th at 37.10.
- Girls’ 400-meter dash: Jones in 11th at 1:09.40.
- Girls’ 800-meter run: Lexie Goodrich in 15th at 3:02.60.
- Girls’ 1600-meter run: Goodrich in 15th at 6:35.78.
- Girls’ 100-meter hurdles: Stephanie Resendiz in 10th at 19.88 seconds.
- Girls’ long jump: Davis in 15th at 13-11, Drake in 19th at 13-04 and Harber in 20th at 12-11 3/4.
- Girls’ shot put: Ashley Boulter in 28th at 22-07 1/2, Ceili Fallon in 29th at 22-06 1/2, Trishell Jensen in 31st at 22-03 1/2, Grossman in 31st at 22-02 and Riley Mason in 36th at 19-03 1/2.
- Girls’ discus: Ashley Boulter in 18th at 77-00, Jensen in 25th at 70-00, Fallon in 26th at 68-09, Grossman in 31st at 66-01 and Mason in 43rd at 52-00 1/2.
- Boys’ 100 meter: Egle in ninth at 12.17 seconds, Ziegler in 11th at 12.49, Sletten in 13th at 12.55, Nicholas Vitanza in 17th at 12.72, Zach Moreno in 24th at 13.16, Boespflug in 27th at 13.22, Bitters in 28th at 13.48, Owen McMillen in 35th at 14.05 and Connor Crockett in 40th at 15.19 seconds.
- Boys’ 200 meter: Ziegler in ninth at 25.57 seconds, Vitanza in 16th at 26.36, Moreno in 21st at 26.75 and Crockett in 31st at 30.53.
- Boys’ 400 meter: Moreno in ninth at 57.80 seconds.
- Boys’ 1600 meter: Orm in 14th at 5:28.69.
- Boys’ 300-meter hurdles: Bitters in 14th at 51.70 seconds.
- Boys’ pole vault: a tie for 10th place including Sletten at 8-06.
- Boys’ long jump: McMillen in 18th at 13-05.
- Boys’ shot put: Gregory in 18th at 34-10, Austin Green in 23rd at 33-02 1/2, Cordelle Lane in 32nd at 30-10 1/2, Tim Hosler in 36th at 29-08 and Michael Caseboly in 45th at 22-01 1/2.
- Boys’ discus: Green in 11th at 108-11, Lane in 30th at 81-07, Hosler in 32nd at 74-09 and Casebolt in 42nd at 58-00.