High school seniors encouraged to apply for Daniels Scholarship
WYOMING — The Daniels Fund is excited to announce the opening of the application for the Daniels Scholarship Program, providing a life-changing opportunity for students looking to pursue their higher education dreams. Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming high school seniors are encouraged to apply to become 2024 Daniels Scholars at DanielsFund.org/Scholarships by 4 p.m., on Oct. 15, to be considered for the scholarship.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for motivated students to attend the college of their choice. The scholarship can be used at any two- or four-year nonprofit, accredited college or university in the United States. The Daniels Fund expects to award approximately 200 scholarships to the graduating class of 2024 in March. Since 2000, the Daniels Fund has provided more than $250 million to over 5,000 scholars.
“Bill Daniels believed a great education can be game-changing for young people with great potential, strong character, and big dreams,” said Daniels Fund President and CEO Hanna Skandera. “We look forward to supporting the next generation of leaders, and the positive impact they will make with this opportunity.”
• Be a graduating high school senior.
• Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming.
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
• Earn a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale).
• Earn a minimum SAT math score of 490 and a minimum evidence-based reading and writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required).
• The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an adjusted gross income of $100,000 or less on their 2022 tax return on which the applicant is claimed as a dependent. Additional income is allowed for additional dependents; visit the Daniels Fund website for specific details and examples.
Daniels Scholars will receive a full ride if they attend a partner school within Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. A full list of partner schools is available at DanielsFund.org/partnerschools. Scholars who choose to attend a school outside the Daniels Fund’s four-state region can receive up to $100,000 over four years for educational expenses. Scholars attending schools within the four-state region outside of the partnership agreement can receive $30,000 over four years for educational expenses.
All Daniels Scholars also receive a laptop computer, networking opportunities, leadership development opportunities and career development.
2024 Daniels Scholars will be announced in March 2024. To learn more about the Daniels Scholarship Program or to apply, please visit DanielsFund.org/Scholarships.
The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative. Visit DanielsFund.org to learn more.